Last Revised: September 15, 2020
Rapporta Limited (a.k.a Rapporta) is committed to protecting the privacy of individuals who visit our public website as well as individuals who register to use our services.
The information you provide will be held in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will do all we can to protect your privacy and to make sure any personal information you share with us is stored securely. We value and respect everyone who connects with us.
This policy is effective from 31st August 2020. Your continued use and interaction with Rapporta Limited mean that you are happy for us to use your personal information as described in this policy. We may change this policy by updating this page so please check back from time to time.
What data is covered by this policy?
This policy covers information about or linked to a natural person (personal information). It includes data we obtain from you, like your name, email address, phone number, IP address, or mobile device’s unique identifier, and may include some financial and/or faith information. We may also obtain indirect data about you from other sources.
Personal information we collect
- Contact details and other identifiers: First and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, an online identifier such as, Internet Protocol (IP) address or other similar identifiers.
- Business information: Company name and contact details, number of employees and annual revenue.
- Location data: Physical location (city, state, country) which you may provide to us or which can be inferred by an IP address.
- Internet and electronic network activity information: Browsing history, search history, your operating system, date and time information, and other technical information about your device.
Why we collect personal information about you
We aim to communicate meaningful information to our supporters by post, email, text, and telephone. We also use personal information to better understand how our supporters use our service, customise their experiences (including the content, marketing materials, and advertisements they see), prevent abuse and improve our services. We will also process your data based on these legitimate interests.
How we collect information about you
We collect personal information each time you are in contact with us. For example, when you send us an email or request a resource. Rapporta does not receive or hold any credit card details for payments made via our website.
How we use personal information
- Fulfill your requests
- Provide Services
- Operate, maintain and improve our site
- Communicate with you
Does Rapporta share personal information with others?
We will not sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission, are legally permitted, or required by law to do so.
Your personal information rights
- Access:You have the right to request us to provide you details of the personal information we hold about you.
- Correction:You have the right to ask us to correct our records if you believe they contain incorrect or incomplete information about you.
- Erasure:You have the right to erasure (deletion), without undue delay, of your personal information for which you later withdraw your consent to processing, or when it is no longer needed for purpose it was originally collected.
- Processing Restrictions:You have the right to temporarily restrict our processing of your personal information if: you contest the accuracy of your personal information; you prefer we restrict its use rather than erase it; you need it to be preserved to establish, exercise, or defend a legal claim; whilst you are verifying whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it. You have the right to be informed before we lift the processing restriction.
- Data Portability:You have the right to ask us to provide you (in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format without hindrance) personal information about you that we have which you had provided to us. You may ask us to transmit it directly to another controller if it is technically feasible.
- Automated Individual Decision-making:Rapporta does not currently employ automated processing/ profiling that produce legal effects on individuals. You have the right to object to direct marketing profiling (See “Right to Object to Direct Marketing” below).
- Right to Object to Direct Marketing:You always have the right to object to receiving direct marketing from us even if we believe that we have a legitimate interest to communicate with you in this way. You can contact us to request that we stop all direct marketing messages by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How to Stop Email Marketing:Simply click on the unsubscribe link within any email. Requests are usually processed immediately but please allow ten (10) business days for the removal request to be processed. Even after you unsubscribe from promotional email messages, you may still receive transactional (non-marketing) messages from us.
We are committed to ensuring personal information is secure. We have put security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of personal information under our control. For example, we use secure server software (SSL) to encrypt financial and personal information we collect online. We do not store credit card details. Unfortunately, the transmission of data across the internet is not completely secure and whilst we do our best to try to protect the security of your information, we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of data will not occur whilst data is being transferred. We also put administrative procedures in place to, for example, only allow authorised personnel to access systems containing personal information. If you have access to parts of our website or use our services, you remain responsible for keeping your user ID and password confidential.
Data Retention; Storage & International Data Transfers
- Data Retention:We will keep personal information only for as long as we need it to maintain our relationship with you, provide you with the products, services or information you requested, to inform our research into the preferences of our supporters, to comply with the law, and to ensure we do not communicate with individuals that asked us not to. When we no longer need the information, we will dispose of it securely, using specialist companies to do this work for us if necessary.
- Storage & International Data Transfers:Personal information is stored by us on computers located in the UK. We may also store information in paper files. We may transfer personal information to reputable third-party organisations situated inside or outside the European Economic Area. These organisations are required to safeguard personal information pursuant to their contractual obligations or participation in international data transfer mechanisms including the US-EU Privacy Shield framework.
We collect visitor information by using cookies.
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
You can usually use the browser that you are viewing us through (or application settings) to enable, disable or delete cookies. To do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser or mobile telephone. Please note that if you set your browser to disable cookies, you may not be able to access secure areas of our site and other parts of our site may also not work properly.
You can find out more information about how to change your browser cookie settings at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
Some third parties may use Advertising Cookies to help gather information about your browsing activity so that they can deliver website advertising to you that is relevant to your interests. The advertising industries in EU have developed schemes to help you opt-out of receiving cookies used for these purposes. You can find out more about the EU scheme from http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/.
The types of cookies used on our site can generally be put into one of five categories: Strictly Necessary; Analytics; Functionality; Advertising; and Social Media. Cookies may be presented by us (first party) and others (third parties).
Do cookies ever expire or change?
The length of time a cookie will stay on your browsing device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies will only stay on your device until you stop browsing. Persistent cookies stay on your browsing device after you have finished browsing until they expire or are deleted. Information about the cookies we use may be updated from time to time, so please check your browser on a regular basis for any changes.
We endeavour to respond to you within 30 days from receipt of your correspondence related to privacy matters. However, you have the right to contact the data protection supervisory authority to lodge a complaint with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office online at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/handling/
Links to non-Rapporta websites
Rapporta does not provide any guarantee or warranty as to the availability and functionality of this site or related services and will not be liable for any loss arising from the unavailability of this site or related services.
How to contact us
If you have any questions or concerns about this policy or wish to exercise your rights, please contact us.
Email us at: email@example.com
Call us: +44 (0) 20 8788 7433